Linda Locke discusses celebrating your uniqueness.
One of the best ways to promote your business and to stand out from the crowd is by uncovering what is truly unique about your business and celebrating it.
But how do you find your uniqueness, and how do you communicate it once you've discovered it ? Here's five ideas to get you started:
1. Tell your business story. By telling people your story about your unique business journey (why and how you started your business), people will start to make a connection with you, especially if they can personally relate to your story. After all, people like to do business with people that they like and trust and can relate to. Your story will help them to decide if they want to do business with you. Just be sure to keep your story true, consistent and authentic and you'll make the connection.
2. Make it personal. Tell your prospective customers and prospects what you offer that is different and better than anyone else. In other words, answer the unasked question lingering in their minds, "What's In It For Me". Maybe you offer fast delivery, or personalized services, or a unique system or training program that you designed. Whatever it is, make sure it's something that's perceived as truly valuable.
3. Think out of the box. Get a copy of Seth Godin's "The Purple Cow" for ideas on how to make your business truly remarkable. And read his blog http://sethgodin.typepad.com/ regularly to stretch your marketing mind with a fresh perspective from a master marketer.
4. Target a niche market. Select one or two niche markets to focus on. Develop a marketing campaign designed to get their attention that focuses on what's important to them. How do you find a good niche? To start, list the niches that you are part of yourself. This makes it easier for you to figure out what that group's needs and wants are and also makes it easier for them to identify with you.
5. Think service - Providing excellent customer service and going that extra mile will definitely get you noticed. Answer your phone messages and emails promptly, fix problems with a smile and always keep your word.
Linda Locke is a writer/editor/coach who specializes in writing and creating business blogs on small business, marketing and tech topics. If you are a work at home mom or want to be one, check out the tips and ideas at: Moms In Business. You can also find more tips for using Twitter for your business here: Twitter Tips. Article Source: Ezine Articles
What Makes A Good Beaded Jewelry Design?
Discover what will make your beaded jewelry design stand out from the rest and influence buyers.
Return to top of Celebrating Your Uniqueness
Return to Bead Jewelry Designs - Inspiration and Innovation
Return to Beading Design Jewelry home page.